Monday, February 13, 2012

A FAREWELL FOR A FAIRLADY

I remember as  a child seeing Whitney Houston's video for the song I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU,
She was sitting on what seemed to be either a briefcase or luggage bag, with ashy blonde short hair and red lips.
She had the most beautiful face i have ever seen, the snow in the background did her justice.
I remember how she sang that song with passion and emotion, but what mostly stayed with me till this very day,
was how her tongue vibrated as she hit that high note!

Today we mourn a woman who meant a great deal not only to those close to her, but for those of us who knew her by "stage name".  She somewhat felt like a sister, a friend, a close cousin to alot of women, particularly to those of color.
we all drew inspiration and strength from her, even when she was at her weakest, when she herself needed inspiration.
we shall keep these moments of her alive.. :

 
 

We shall restore your words into our lives and hearts
If I should stay, 
I would only be in your way. 
So I'll go, but I know 
I'll think of you ev'ry step of the way. 

And I will always love you. 
I will always love you. 
You, my darling you. Hmm. 

Bittersweet memories 
that is all I'm taking with me. 
So, goodbye. Please, don't cry. 
We both know I'm not what you, you need. 

And I will always love you. 
I will always love you. 



I hope life treats you kind 
And I hope you have all you've dreamed of. 
And I wish to you, joy and happiness. 
But above all this, I wish you love. 

And I will always love you. 
I will always love you. 
I will always love you. 
I will always love you. 
I will always love you. 
I, I will always love you. 

You, darling, I love you. 
Ooh, I'll always, I'll always love you. 



YOUR MEMORY LIVES ON FOREVER 

WHITNEY HOUSTON (AUGUST, 9th 1963 - FEBRUARY 11th, 2012)






No comments:

Post a Comment